Fatigue Management International Ltd (FMI) are experts in real-time, predictive monitoring of human fatigue in industrial driving scenarios.
Working with drivers and businesses around the world, their predictive, proprietary algorithms monitor and detect the early signs of vehicle operator fatigue.
FMI approached Reach Aware, having been let down by their previous partners. This setback had left them angry, frustrated and without a product. They needed someone they could trust to deliver what they promised.
FMI has a clear vision for the future of their industry, and they wanted to work with a company who could help them realise that vision.
They chose Reach Aware because they needed a reliable, forward thinking partner with advanced technical expertise.
How We Helped
Our first issue was to understand FMI's vision and to translate that into a project of clear and deliverable milestones.
- Stage one being to create a mobile app which allowed users to monitor their fitness for work, and allowed supervisors to record actions taken – all in real-time
- The next stage was to redevelop their existing web-based solution to (a) modernise the technology platform in order to (b) make it more applicable and robust for field operations. There had been limited uptake, because users were often out of range of mobile networks. They needed a solution that could work regardless of network connectivity.
- The final stage was to create a backend dashboard and reporting tools that would enable them to easily integrate not only their own in-house developed applications but also complimentary 3rd party applications through a series of common API's that we designed for it.
- The mobile products have acted as 'proof of concept' for FMI's technology.
- It has now been accepted for government projects in the UK and Australia for the logistics and rail sectors
- 3rd party API's are being developed with partners in telematics and health & safety process management
When you have invested as much emotional energy and capital funds as we did, only to be let down like we were, it is a big ask to trust the next developer that comes along – which of course you have to try and do. Reach Aware, were very mindful of that and didn't undermine the previous developers. But instead took a professional and respectful approach to our position. They didn't over state their expertise and didn't understate the problems ahead of us. Discussions were professional but friendly. Advice was direct but supportive. Assumptions were honest but realistic and actions were decisive and timely. This we very much appreciated and now we have the product that what we always wanted as well as an ongoing partnership and friendship.